Transmission maintenance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

txbass06

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Lol, sorry!! Next time I will report it.

No big deal. And I wasn't trying to be a jerk about it by any means. It just helps us (the mods and admins) out trying to keep the site spam free and so you guys don't have to read through all that too

gopackgo69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi ****
I have had 3 dodge 1500 trucks the first one a 02 4x4 I did a flush at 85 k, next day it wouldnt shift into 1st gear, somthing about a soliniod and govener $450 later all was well. my 08 4x4 I had a filter change done at 18k just cause, no problems ever out of that trans and I had superchips with the trans tune, that truck ran great. I now have a 11 and plan on a filter change at the normal 30k time frame. Lost story short my experiance is that it doesnt matter either way except if you have miles on your vehicle when you get new fluid in there it will loosen up debris from your tranny cooler and it will take out your trans, change fluid early and often