Trouble with door actuators

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LaKing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For some reason the drivers side and rear passager side doors on my 2009 1500 Quad Cab do not unlock or lock with the remote. They work fine from using the handles and the drivers door unlocks with the key so I believe that maybe the motors for the two doors have gone out. I have no idea where the motors for the locks are located to try and fix them or change them out myself. I took the door panals off and tried looking for them but I've never messed with them before. Is it normal for the motors to go out on a 2009 1500 at around 80,000 mile? If someone has pictures, it would be greatly appreciated.

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah. It happens. The lock actuator is built into the latch. You can remove the connector from the latch and see if they are getting power. Also check the wire harness where it goes from the body to the door. Pull the boot back and check for broken wires.

OP
OP
LaKing

LaKing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah. It happens. The lock actuator is built into the latch. You can remove the connector from the latch and see if they are getting power. Also check the wire harness where it goes from the body to the door. Pull the boot back and check for broken wires.
Thanks ima check it out tomorrow. do you know where a good place to get the new latch from? and is it some what easy to replace?

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you have never done it before it can be kinda tricky but it is not too bad.

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
I had same problem and had to replace both front and rear passenger door latches. Wouldnt unlock by power just manually.

Once I read up on how to do it it was pretty easy to do. I got each for about $85 each shipped.

I have pics and need a how-to I can help

OP
OP
LaKing

LaKing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
:3681700201_eef6d1e2
I had same problem and had to replace both front and rear passenger door latches. Wouldnt unlock by power just manually.

Once I read up on how to do it it was pretty easy to do. I got each for about $85 each shipped.

I have pics and need a how-to I can help

Hell ya cuz it bugs the crap out of me to have to open my door with the key and open the front pass door to unlock the read door every time. Do you have a write up you can link?