Truck won't turn over

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Black Cloud

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, it looks like the black cloud is over my head once again. Went out to the garage to go to work this morning and the truck won't start. It clicks and sounds like the starter is engaging but it won't turn over. I hook jumper cables to my wife's car and it was no different. Has anyone else had this happen? I ended up having to ride the motorcycle to work so I won't be able to look at it until later.
Thanks

Bluesmoke91

2nd GEN Site Mod
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Battery may have drained completely. jump it, but leave the cables on for a bit before starting your truck with your wifes car on. Itll let the battery gain enough juice to power through the startup. If still nothing, then battery replacement may be necessary.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
Black Cloud

Black Cloud

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
lights and everything else work fine. Truck and battery are only 9 months old. Nothing was left on, started fine all day Wednesday and acted up this morning. I did have my wife's car hooked up for about 10 minutes on it, but I'll take another look at it tonight.

HolyRamBatman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If the lights are still strong then you have another problem besides the battery.

If it won't start when you get home, unhook the battery cables for a little bit. Then try it. Don't know if it will help but it's worth a try.

OP
OP
Black Cloud

Black Cloud

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Update - I read a post from dodge29 saying he had starting issues and he put it in neutral to start. When I got home on Friday I tried starting it again and it just clicked. I put it in neutral and it started right up. It has been starting fine ever since. If it does it again I will take it in to see what the issue is.

nitto

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 Dodge 2500
Engine
v10
test your battery with a avr machince at a local shop or advanced auto

gc_harvey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have this same problem with my truck. It happens at least once a day. I've had it to the dealer 3 times for it and they can't find out what's wrong. They've opened up 2 "star cases" with Chrystler about it. Still no word. Maybe you'll have better luck with it than me!

gc_harvey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
That's what I'm thinking, but they haven't thought of that yet over at Chrysler