Vibration in pedal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I have a tuner have tried with MDS off and with it on still happens. I actually have tried it with Hypertech tuner and Superchips tuner. This is not to be confused with MDS feeling. This is something that comes through gas pedal only for me not through brake pedal. I know the feeling of ABS and it not that. It is a vibration from either the TC or transmission and very annoying since I did not have it before replacing TC because the issue around 30 mph where it shuttered.

I have not tried to change oil weight or brand. That may be an idea though and since I have MDS off I guess it really would not matter what weight I use.

$miley

OP
OP
J

jammons5126

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
Mine would really do it when after 70. It acts like its to much for the truck or something.

scoose

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 1500 sold, 2011 1500 5.7 sport sold, 2016 6.7 2500 4x4 sold, 2014 2500 5.7
Engine
Well now I know I'm not alone. I have a vibration in the pedal at 36 to 40 mph. It goes away above 40mph but it is aggravating as hell. I dont feel it in the steering wheel in the seat or see it in any of the mirrors....just the gas pedal.

tires or tc.....hmmmmmm

SMITHY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Dodge Ram Quad 4x4
Engine
4.7 Magnum
Most of what alot of people are experiencing, is a buzzing sensation in the gas pedal. Some people are also feeling it in the steering wheel and the drivers seat. (not ALL hemi trucks do it, but some worse than others is for sure) This vibration/buzz IS coming from the engine. It is a frequency vibration that seems to effect the HEMI trucks due to the engine design. I`ve done a ton of research on it and that seems to be the majority of complaints i`ve found.

Here is another complaint: (neither issue is caused by the other)
I have a buddie of mine that JUST bought a brand new 2011 HEMI 4x4 CC, it buzz`s TERRIBLE thru the gas pedal AND the steering wheel...!
He ALSO, has the torque converter rumble as well. I gave him the "STAR CASE" number to give to his dealer and they ordered a brand new updated torque converter that fix`s this issue with the rumbling sound heard while in overdrive/full lockup.

The problem with the torque converter is the turbine hub and spline have way too much play, and when it tries to go into full lock-up, it shudders horribly. The sound it makes sounds like an A/C compressor that is over filled and straining to work to hard. Another example of what it sounds like, is an air compressor running.

So actually, ther are 2 different things going on with these trucks.
(1) Torque converter issue (rumbling/rattling)
(2) MDS issue (intermittin buzzing felt in gas pedal)
BOTH issues are usually found at low rpm`s (1400 to 1700rpms & 40 to 60 mph)

This is the fix for the torque converter:
Take this number to your dealership and have them look it up.
The dealers ARE very aware of it, dont let them BS you...!
Star Case: #S1121000005
Release Date: 6/30/11

Hope this sheds some light on these issues for you guys, and hope it helps you too.

But I don't have the Hemi???

LU229

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
But I don't have the Hemi???

The "star case" INCLUDES the 4.7 engine with the torque converter issue.
At first i didnt think it did, but i went back and checked my information files.
The 4.7 is covered as far back as 2008 now.

LU229

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Guys, i`m going to spend some time and try to type out word for word what is in this star case file and post it on here for you. I hope when i get it done that they will make it a sticky on the forum here. This way, EVERYBODY can see whats in it and see if their truck falls unders its guidelines. Gimme some time, i`ll get it done and on here for ya.

LU229

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Mine would really do it when after 70. It acts like its to much for the truck or something.

Mine does it from a stop but when I get over 70mph it is nearly unbearable.

It is not tires, not MDS, not gears, should not be rear since I have had rear bearings replaced.

They do no think it is the torque converter and to be honest I am not sure what it is but I hate driving it like this.

It has me so upset and I don't know what to do. I had it in yesterday for a few hours. I have had my truck in there all day today and they either cannot feel or do not know why.

I am meeting the tech tomorrow to go on test drive with him. The issue is very wide spread do a search on google.

LU229

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

It is not tires, not MDS, not gears, should not be rear since I have had rear bearings replaced.

They do no think it is the torque converter and to be honest I am not sure what it is but I hate driving it like this.

It has me so upset and I don't know what to do. I had it in yesterday for a few hours. I have had my truck in there all day today and they either cannot feel or do not know why.

I am meeting the tech tomorrow to go on test drive with him. The issue is very wide spread do a search on google.

Smiley, i would suggest trying another dealership

SMITHY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Dodge Ram Quad 4x4
Engine
4.7 Magnum

Could also be the driveshaft out of balance as well. Have they ever checked this?

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
I think I've noticed this is mine but it's a little different. Mine is only in the brake pedal, and only when I'm just about completely stopped. Almost like a anti-lock brake pulse if your sliding in the snow. Kinda pulse/shudder-like, but it's very very subtle and soft. It doesn't really bother me much though.

EJM05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
440 Big Block
I get a horrible vibration in the steering wheel at times and feels like something is gonna break.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Do not do PCM update if you want to use a tuner. I am now locked out and have incorrect speedo. Two tuners and neither work now. :(

$miley

JET

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
1996/2011 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
5.9 Magnum/Hemi 5.7
I get a little vibration in my brake pedal when I'm just about stopped.
Washed the truck once and went for ride and went to stop and the brakes shudder real loud. Might just be the brakes pulsing. Only happened one time since then nothing. Might look at changing brake shoes to a different kind.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
they didn't fix this issue for the 2012's I can feel it in the gas pedal on my 2012

RamIt22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Same with mine. I just bought a 2012 express and I can feel it slightly in my gas pedal.

Big Boi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
they didn't fix this issue for the 2012's I can feel it in the gas pedal on my 2012

I do too. But I thought it was because of my drop. Hopefully an alignment, balance and rotate can fix it. I hate it!

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
a possible fix for the gas pedal vibration is to add a rubber spacer between the gas pedal and the bracket coming off the fire wall. I just did this. I haven't drove it yet but I will post my results.

E_Gordon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Does anyone know if there is any solution to the simple vibration in the gas pedal? Mine is a high frequency vibration that numbs my foot. I can start to feel the vibration at 40 mph and it get progressively worst as speed increases. This vibration is slightly greater with MDS on but still very noticeable at 70 mph without MDS on. My dealer tried new tires, tire balancing/re-alignment, and 'rim surface alignment' to no avail. They have concluded that it is normal operation. I love everything else about my truck but this is just too annoying to neglect. Even the cheap rental cars used when my truck was being worked on didn't have even trace of vibration in the gas pedal.

Why can't this vibration be decoupled somehow? What of the 'rubber spacer between the gas pedal and bracket coming off the firewall' mentioned by 1500ram12?