04 hemi install e-fans know 13v with everything on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justin0943

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
okay so I did e-fan on the truck and loving it I just put in a 95 ford tarus fan its a beast, at idle with headlights off and fan on low speed and ac on its 14.5v all day but with the headlights,e-fan,ac all on 13v holy crap!! so I put the 160amp alt on it help a little like now its at 13.3-.4 at the fan its pretty much the same V, battery is couple years old an 850cca tested good the e-fan needed 10ga which I did with 50amp relay and fuse what could be wrong with this setup at idle with the low voltage, now when driving it goes back to 14.5v with everything on did the big three on it because of the stereo system

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
13.4 volts at idle with all of that stuff running sounds about normal to me. At idle your voltage is always going to drop when you have such a large electrical demand like that.

OP
OP
justin0943

justin0943

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
13.4 volts at idle with all of that stuff running sounds about normal to me. At idle your voltage is always going to drop when you have such a large electrical demand like that.

really I thought at least 13.7v was a safe place to be at its just weird with the fan on it stays at 14.4v and the headlight the same but both on 13.3v also i did everything on but the ac 14.4v may have to install a 2nd small battery I just hate the dash lights dimming at idle then when driving they brighten back up and also seeing the battery gauge dropping

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Honestly yours sounds pretty good. I just went and checked mine, on my 08 with the Ac on full blast, headlights on, and at idle, it was reading 13.2 volts. And that's with a less than 3 month old battery. Alternator is fine. You have nothing to worry about.

OP
OP
justin0943

justin0943

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Honestly yours sounds pretty good. I just went and checked mine, on my 08 with the Ac on full blast, headlights on, and at idle, it was reading 13.2 volts. And that's with a less than 3 month old battery. Alternator is fine. You have nothing to worry about.

okay thanks man 13v just headlight and ac dang mine at 14.3v with that at idle also do you know if they make a smaller alt pully so maybe itll spin a little faster to keep me at the 13.7v range mainly its for the fan I do know if they get low volts theyll burn up

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
okay thanks man 13v just headlight and ac dang mine at 14.3v with that at idle also do you know if they make a smaller alt pully so maybe itll spin a little faster to keep me at the 13.7v range mainly its for the fan I do know if they get low volts theyll burn up

It's because the newer trucks have an electric condenser fan. So the Ac blower was running on hi, headlights were on, and the electric condenser fan was running. Basically the same load as you had when you said that your voltage was dropping. You have an electric engine fan, I have an electric condenser fan.

No I don't know of any smaller alt pulleys but I've never looked either just because that kind of voltage drop is normal. Probably isn't made because it could possibly over spin at high rpms. But 13.4 volts won't damage that fan. Pretty much everything in a vehicle is made to run at 12-15 volts. You'll get a slightly lower rpm from the fan at 13.4 volts vs 14.7, but it won't be enough to cause overheating issues or damage the fan.

OP
OP
justin0943

justin0943

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
It's because the newer trucks have an electric condenser fan. So the Ac blower was running on hi, headlights were on, and the electric condenser fan was running. Basically the same load as you had when you said that your voltage was dropping. You have an electric engine fan, I have an electric condenser fan.

mine also has the stock condenser e-fan its like a 10in

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well then I'd say you're fine.

OP
OP
justin0943

justin0943

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Well then I'd say you're fine.

got ahold of mechman alt they sell just pulley for $29 its 46mm pulley told me that it won't hurt the alt and told me i should be at 14v with everything on with the 160amp