07 Totally Integrated Module questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stev0n

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002, 2007
Engine
4.7, 4.7 flex fuel
Simple questions...not so simple scenario

I'm taking my 07 2wd & putting the entire thing on my 02 4wd frame. The only 02 parts that will be used are the frame/suspension/transfer case.

I know 07's used different transfer cases including the 241-D (with the shifter instead of the dash knob) this is the same one in my 02. But my 02 has a transfer case specific computer, while the CANbus trucks merged it into the TIPM. Now that that's out of the way, here are my simple questions...

1. Are the provisions for 4wd already in the TIPM of a 2wd model, or can the dealer flash it? Same scenario as getting a used one of out a wrecked 2wd truck to replace yours if you have 4wd.

2. Where can I get a wiring diagram of the TC wiring for an 07 model to see where my new wiring has to go in? I have access to AllData but couldn't seem to find it on there.

Core-Lokt

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 2500 4X4 ST
Engine
5.7L
On one of the Dodge forums, there were some parts manuals for specific years. I got one for my 2005 and I know there are diagrams of chassis/component wiring to the transfer case. I thought one of the sub-forums here had it stickied, but maybe not.

In any case look at Dodge Talk and Ramforumz. The year-specific model should show the TIPM diagram of the sockets. Good luck; that sounds rather involved.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
Not to throw a wrench into your plans, but what engine will you be using? The 02 would have a 5.9, 4.7 or 5.9L.. 4.7 probably being the closest match and it still might have the wrong tone ring...

Edit: An other possibly simpler approach would be strip all the wiring out of the 07 and use just the 07 sheet metal with everything else the original 02 wiring drivetrain and frame.

Last edited:
OP
OP
stev0n

stev0n

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002, 2007
Engine
4.7, 4.7 flex fuel
On one of the Dodge forums, there were some parts manuals for specific years. I got one for my 2005 and I know there are diagrams of chassis/component wiring to the transfer case. I thought one of the sub-forums here had it stickied, but maybe not.

In any case look at Dodge Talk and Ramforumz. The year-specific model should show the TIPM diagram of the sockets. Good luck; that sounds rather involved.

I looked for them, but they're all dead links :(

Not to throw a wrench into your plans, but what engine will you be using? The 02 would have a 5.9, 4.7 or 5.9L.. 4.7 probably being the closest match and it still might have the wrong tone ring...

Edit: An other possibly simpler approach would be strip all the wiring out of the 07 and use just the 07 sheet metal with everything else the original 02 wiring drivetrain and frame.

Both trucks have the 4.7. I'm using everything from the 07. To put it simply, I'm more or less just adding a transfer case & wiring it all up to a 07 2wd 4.7

jotin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Every figure this out. This may be an old post. I can't see the dates. But it's gonna be tricky. The 07 has a tipm. The 02 will more than likely have a PDC or FCM. Completely different configuration. However even with a TIpm flash you would only be able to flash the original vin in the tipm as they aren't re-confgurable. You'd have to buy a new tipm and have a different vin number that's 2wd. It's all vin specific because of vin number sales codes. Whatever the vin is equipped with, is the information the tipm will get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk