08 1500 cv joint removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bulldog1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
This thing is kicking my but. How do you get the old cv joint off of the splines? I've seen videos where they just slide right off. I've been prying and getting no where.
08 dodge ram 1500 5.7 4x4

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

OP
OP
bulldog1500

bulldog1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Update, when pulling on the cv joint the shafts that runs into the front dif. Starts to pull out. What's this mean? For the life of me cannot get this damn thing off.

OP
OP
bulldog1500

bulldog1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
CV axle removal - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums

Do a google search, sounds like they are a royal pain in the ass to remove no matter what.
Yea I've been watching videos. There is a guy on you tube that has a video called something like "the truth about removing cv joints". He cut the color off of the old cv axel. Then cut what's remaining and beats it off. Sounds like the clip in these rusts and don't give.

OP
OP
bulldog1500

bulldog1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Update, right before I started to cut it off it dawned on me, that Ide be cutting the c clip as well. Sure enough, the new cv axels do not have them included. And your average advance, auto zone ect. Don't carry them. So until I get this c clip this job is on hold.

OP
OP
bulldog1500

bulldog1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Http://youtu.be/EU6NX5BU6JU

If the link don't work, search YouTube for 2003 dodge cv axel removal "the secret"

This is the method I'm going to try. What do you guys think? Mine don't seem to be as seized on the shaft as the one in the video. However, the damn thing will not slide off of the shaft. The shaft actually is comming out of the front diff. Instead.

OP
OP
bulldog1500

bulldog1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
https://youtu.be/EU6NX5BU6jU

See if that one works. But yeah, I see why you are having such a problem now. That is a pain in the ass for sure.
Yea I'm going to go at it again with the pry bars before I cut it. It moves on the shaft, one would think the damn thing would pop off. Maybe a little heat.