2006 ram hemi 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moosehunter44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi im new so just checking things out I have a 2006 ram hemi with throttle body spacer and cold air intake installed ever since ive been getting a click sound when i excellerate usually around 20 mile an hr range then it leaves what could this be Thanks Kindly

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Howdy! And welcome!

So, I have this sort of symptom on my same year Hemi as well. I've asked around and there are two possibilites for you. First, you have an exhaust leak somewhere on he exhaust tubing itself. Second, and mor elikely, your exhaust manifold bolts (one or more, on one of the manifolds, aka headers) have broken, and you're experiencing a leak at the manifold directly off of the motor. I belive this is my issue, but I haven't dove much into it due to lack of funds, and life in general. The only way to rid this issue is to replace the bolts, but if the manifold(s) are warped, you'd have to replace those as well. Good news is you can install either "shorty" headers, or long tube headers in the stock manifolds place, which will give you a bit more performance, and probably a bit better sound. Shorty headers from what I read, will mostly bolt into the stock ones place. Long tubes however require more of a customization of your exhaust system, due to being longer than the stock manifolds. In turn, this will give you a bit more performance over the shorty style.

Hopefully I hit most of the points, if not, someone else will fill in, or correct me haha!

OP
OP
M

moosehunter44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you checked exaust and bolts thats not the problem I might take the throttle body spacer out try that and then maybe remove cold air intake process of ellimination i quess