AC Condenser Fan Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RonHolly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Demi 5.7
2005 Ram 1500 Quad: Is the condenser fan, under hood, supposed to run all the time? Noticed it runs all the time. Thought it might only be on when idling! "OR" maybe it turns off when driving. Hard to tell. Maybe I'll tape a grand child on the grill to tell me if it turns off when driving! Ha, LoL Thanks

Hot Ducer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Pretty sure it's always while your AC is on.

2003 1500 QuadCab 5.7 4x4

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If yours has a seperate electric fan on the condenser, that is seperate from the engine driven clutch fan for the radiator, that condenser fan should only be on when the Ac is on. Keep in mind, the defroster uses the Ac.

OP
OP
R

RonHolly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Demi 5.7
If yours has a seperate electric fan on the condenser, that is seperate from the engine driven clutch fan for the radiator, that condenser fan should only be on when the Ac is on. Keep in mind, the defroster uses the Ac.

You are correct about the fan is only on when AC is on. Seeeeems to my way of thinking, and that's dangerous, it should turn off when hi-way air is forced thru it. Wouldn't a fan that runs all the time be a component that would soon wear out? (In Florida the AC is on "ALL" the time. LoL