Air bag problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wielden

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003,2007, 2012
Engine
5.7 Hemi, 6.7 Cummins
I don't usually post, I'm more of a reader than a talker. Anyway, Air bag light keeps turning on and off. Every time it does it the dash dings at me. There is no pattern to this. Driving strait down the road it will go off every 10sec and then it wont go off for 20miles. Cruise works, horn works, turning an beating the steering wheel has no affect on it. plugs under the seat seam fine. is there some kind of hidden sensor or controller to look at.

03 Ram 2500 QC, 4x4, Hemi.

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I kind of have a similar problem in my RC 1500, but I have the switch for the passenger air bag to be on off. I had a buddy of mine with a snap on scanner check it an it was something with that switch on my dash. Which I hit with a blunt object while driving a few yrs ago(don't ask) an it's been coming on ever since

OP
OP
W

Wielden

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003,2007, 2012
Engine
5.7 Hemi, 6.7 Cummins
I've heard that just the bulb being out in the switch will cause the Air bag light to come on, But mine is a quad cab and doesn't have the switch to turn the Airbag off. I'm thinking it's something to do with the seat sensors on mine. I bought the truck really cheap cause the previous owner thought it was blown up. It sat for over 2 years and I think it had a lot of moisture in the cab. I've been working out problems since I started driving it a couple weeks ago. But this one is by far the most annoying.

any one have a schematic or drawing of the airbag system that I could look at? I'm a tech by trade and have a lot off experience at that kind of stuff

sylver91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Did you happen to pull any stored codes?

OP
OP
W

Wielden

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003,2007, 2012
Engine
5.7 Hemi, 6.7 Cummins
It had a couple when I first got her running again, but since then it hasn't shown any new codes. Did find the grill sensor just swinging around in the front. I remounted it and that didn't seem to help. Dose it matter if it points up or down? It can just be sitting there running and it will turn on and off.

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You talking about the thing that's attached to the drivers side headlight? I've always wondered what the hell that thing was for

xtremewlr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
You talking about the thing that's attached to the drivers side headlight? I've always wondered what the hell that thing was for

Ambient air temp sensor. It's what gives you the temp reading on the overhead console.

OP
OP
W

Wielden

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003,2007, 2012
Engine
5.7 Hemi, 6.7 Cummins
The dealer said light is related to the recall on the airbag and that that parts aren't in yet to fix it. Sounds like there putting it off till another date. The tech they put on it didn't sound to bright.

kylegmoore71

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 Ram 1500
Engine
I was just curious if you've had any luck figuring it out. I have an 03 1500, that does the exact same thing. It sometimes goes weeks without doing it, and then 20 times in a single trip. No rhyme or reason to it!