Can someone help me read the wire diagram in the service manual?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ilarson007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Powertech 4.7L V8
I have an 04 1500 Quad Cab, that has manual everything. I was going to retrofit power locks into it with a keyless entry system, and I started into the door panels, and I found that I have the power lock actuators installed (which pissed me off! But anyways)

So, the goal of what I am doing is to find were all the wires for the power locks meet, and to the into those wires with my aftermarket keyless entry (and potentially a switch down the road) to activate them.

I tried reading the wire diagram in the service manual for the power locks, and am not following at all. Can anyone help?

mYOsLgC.png

xb1230

Hobby Mechanic
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Everything ties in the back of the instrument cluster.

When equiped, there is a small box mated to the back of the instrument cluster which is the receiver end of the system.

You can actually get the box including 2 remotes from MOPAR for about 80$... In my book at that price it ain't worth f&?%ing around trying to fiddle with the wires... 3rd party systems will cost you way more than the 80$ in hassle and trouble plus the cost of the device itself.

Just my 2 cents

OP
OP
I

ilarson007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Powertech 4.7L V8
Everything ties in the back of the instrument cluster.

When equiped, there is a small box mated to the back of the instrument cluster which is the receiver end of the system.

You can actually get the box including 2 remotes from MOPAR for about 80$... In my book at that price it ain't worth f&?%ing around trying to fiddle with the wires... 3rd party systems will cost you way more than the 80$ in hassle and trouble plus the cost of the device itself.

Just my 2 cents

I know this was forever ago, but: would I need the switches and everything for keyless entry to work? It's really weird, I have the power locks in the doors, but no switches to operate them. I mainly want keyless entry, and don't care a whole lot about buttons in the cab to lock/unlock.

OP
OP
I

ilarson007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Powertech 4.7L V8
Well, forget the factory RKE.... My instrument cluster doesn't have the plug for it soldered onto the circuit board. So I can't put it in... There goes another $100 of my money because of Dodge's stupidity.