"CHIME" when brake pedal is depressed on 07 w/3.7 V6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eallanboggs

Reaction score
When the brake pedal is depressed I get an audible "CHIME" for about 1 second. The brake pads and rotors checked OK as did the brake fluid level. The is no brake icon on the instrument panel cluster(no BRAKE or ABS LED). Owners manual is no help when it comes to a chime being heard when the brake pedal is depressed. Jump battery cables(POS to NEG) together for a few minutes, but that didn't help. This is a wierd one I've never seen before. Any idea would help. I think I'm going to check to see if the brake lites are coming "ON". Maybe the BCM is going crazy and sending a chime instead of turning on the brake lites.

AWE Daniel

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Maybe the light on the dash for the abs is burnt out, need to hook up a scan tool and see what codes you get

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
are you getting a code ? how many times does it chime ?

4.7Ram5.7Rango

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Flex
Mine did this..... ended up being a burnt out bulb in the brake light. Easy/cheap fix brotha!

OP
OP
E

eallanboggs

Reaction score
Thanks Rango It was the bulb. Thing is I read over the owners manual and this feature is not mentioned. This really is a good feature that the other brands don't have and Dodge should post it in the owners manual because it is very helpful if you know about it. You see people all the time with burnt out brake lites. If they had this feature or knew they had it if they own a Dodge they could fix the problem before they get a ticket. It is aggrivating enough that you want to figure out why it is happening.

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
awesome , now pics of the rig !!!

AWE Daniel

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7