Code P0037??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jmennes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just read a code P0037 on my 2002 dodge ram 1500 4.7L quad cab 4x4. I did research on it, and I believe that it is a downstream 02 sensor. On this model, there's two of them, a left or right. The auto parts store said they are different from eachother. Does anyone know what I can do to test which one is faulty? Thank you

tripleb2431

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did it tell you if it's on the bank side? If so it will be on side that number 1 cylinder is

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

GotExhaust.com

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just read a code P0037 on my 2002 dodge ram 1500 4.7L quad cab 4x4. I did research on it, and I believe that it is a downstream 02 sensor. On this model, there's two of them, a left or right. The auto parts store said they are different from eachother. Does anyone know what I can do to test which one is faulty? Thank you

That should be bank 1 sensor 2 code. There are two sensors on each side, the upstream sensor that is before the catalytic converter and the down stream sensor after the cats. Your issue is the one on the driver side after the catalytic converter.

To test it out, first, check the wiring to the sensor, it is common on many brands of vehicles for the wiring harness to get pinched or the wiring leads inside the plug connectors to back out causing it to lose connection. If that all checks out, you probably need a new sensor. However, before replacing it, I would recommend, if you have the ability to do so, clearing the code and run the truck to see if it comes back. If it does then go ahead and purchase the Bank 1 Sensor 2 position sensor and install that. Should fix your issue.

One other thing you CAN do to ensure that it is in fact the sensor, before replacing it, is to take it to a reputable muffler shop and have them flow test your exhaust system. If the catalytic converter is getting clogged on that side, it could be causing the sensor to send bad signals to the computer.