Code P0512

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shadowflyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Magnum
My truk is throwing code P0512 and I have no power to starter or fuel pump. Anyone tell me how to solve this problem??

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
Could be battery, ground connection. ASD fuse/relay. Does your fuel pump run for a few seconds when ign is first turned "on"?

OP
OP
S

Shadowflyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Magnum
No fuel pump does not run at all. Checked for pressure at the fuel rail. Nothing. Can't hear the usual whine from the fuel pump when key is turned on. Everything else works great. Power everywhere else. I had all the harnesses off the ECM on the firewall. Made sure everything went back exactly as it was and have disconnected and reconnected at least half dozen times to make sure all was good.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
No fuel pump does not run at all. Checked for pressure at the fuel rail. Nothing. Can't hear the usual whine from the fuel pump when key is turned on. Everything else works great. Power everywhere else. I had all the harnesses off the ECM on the firewall. Made sure everything went back exactly as it was and have disconnected and reconnected at least half dozen times to make sure all was good.

The fuel pump, ignition coils and injectors are powered for a few seconds when the ignition switch is turned ON. The PCM senses the signal from the crank sensor and continues power to the ASD fuse /relay and maintains power as long as the crank signal is present. I would check for power at the ASD relay on first ignition on sequence. Does the engine crank over?

OP
OP
S

Shadowflyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Magnum
We have fuel pressure now. Engine doesn't turn over. Not even a tick

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
We have fuel pressure now. Engine doesn't turn over. Not even a tick

Ok, you have full dash lights and the fuel pump runs when the ignition is turned on? Have you wiggled the gear shift lever? Put your foot on the brake with the ign ON and move the lever through different gears watching the icon on the dash, seeing it move from Park, R, N, D, 2, 1. Maybe try starting in Neutral.

OP
OP
S

Shadowflyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Magnum
Tried N. nothing but did notice that the circle that tells u what gear is selected is gone so not sure if that has something to do with it or not

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
If the wiring harness is loose, that would explain why it won't crank. There is a Neutral/Park safety switch. If it doesn't sense it is in Park or Neutral it doesn't start.

OP
OP
S

Shadowflyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Magnum
Well thx for the advice. Turned out to b a busted harness connector.