door ajar light stuck on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AJMAG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
realllly dont want to replace the latch and harness...

my door ajar light is stuck on even tho the latch and everything is closed, if i take the door panel off and pull on the wires it will go off but i dont see anywhere where it could shorting out or grounding out

my question is, is there a wire i can cut to make the light go off or at least the annoying 'ding' everytime i stop and go or any other tricks? i dont feel like spening the money on a new latch cause im saving for tow mirrors

any help would be great

ramthis9501

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 V8
Did you look behind all the door panels? Because cutting the wire won't help, that'll just keep it on. More then likely there is a bad ground or snipped wire somewhere in there. Check them all and see. If that's not it then your latch may just be jamming up or something. If so, just spray some WD-40 on it and see if that does the trick.

OP
OP
AJMAG

AJMAG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
iv tried wd40 numerous times never did anything its definatly in the wires im just not seeing anything. oh well i guess ill get in there with a magnifing glass or something

OP
OP
AJMAG

AJMAG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
that will help even when im driving?

05singlecabHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I believe so. But im not for certain. Maybe ask hemibabe to confirm that just to make sure.

OP
OP
AJMAG

AJMAG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
ill give it a shot thanks bro

OP
OP
AJMAG

AJMAG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
hell yeah it worked!
mine had a black/green wire in the driver door, and the rear driver side door is a small all black wire snipped both and no more door ajar! finally

OP
OP
AJMAG

AJMAG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Scratch that the rear didn't work. Does anyone know what wire to cut in the rear? I'm assuming you can do the same as the front just don't know which wire if any