Dvr door Lock Mech

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RyanC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemy 5.7
Hey guys.

My locked mech sounds really nasty. Does any one have any links to a repair guide? I tried looking on YouTube and Googled it for myself, but turned up nothing.

I can't seem to disassemble it properly to find the actual problem; I wan't to be able to put it all back together. Sounds like something may need to be replaced?

Take a look at it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J752L5LwMZE

Cheers

DTECH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You will need to replace the actuator...theres 2 plastic gears inside and they are stripped...I found a replacement at a junk yard for cheap went mine when out but make sure you remove yours first and take it with you as there are 2 different actuators dodge used with a different plug..as far as removal becareful with the plastic clips that hold the locking rods. Google a pic of the door lock actuator so you can see where they are as you will be feeling for them in the door. Unplug the harness and remove the 3 screws where the lock is in the jamb. Make sure you use some penitrating oil so you dont strip the heads.. its alittle more difficult to put back in then take out just take pictures for reference. ..