Eliminating cats and O2 sensors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fuelman99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought some pacesetter LT headers, and I want to eliminate the cats and bypass the o2 sensors. Emissions are not a problem in my area. Are there any suggestions on how to do this? Or if I should do this?

glass3222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You need to keep the front o2 sensors, they monitor a/f and tell your pcm how to adjust to get proper a/f.

Rear o2 sensors can be disabled with custom tune on a Diablo or SCT (I think). Or you can install them with non foulers.

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
Central Jersey in person, the burgh at heart
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 Sport
Engine
you dont need a tuner to do what he wants.

You cant get rid of the o2's since the front ones control your fuel consumption. If you get rid of the rears you'll throw a check engine light.

You can get rid of the cats, just have an exhaust shop weld in 2 more o2 bungs about a foot behind the bungs in the headers. Plug in the front o2's into the header bungs and then screw in spark plug non-foulers into the rear bungs, and the rear o2's into the non-foulers. They pull the o2 sensor slightly out of the exhaust flow and trick them into thinking there are cats there (gets rid of the CEL)

This is the exact route I did (Pacesetter longtubes, no cats)

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
i just live with the cel..... for now

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
Central Jersey in person, the burgh at heart
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 Sport
Engine
but why? non-foulers cost like $5 each if that, and the install takes about 5 minutes per side. I hate hate hate hate HATE seeing the check engine light for ANY reason

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
im planning revising on the whole exhaust system. i ll probably put some cats back on.

OP
OP
fuelman99

fuelman99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for yalls help. Im going to buy some non foulers and give it a shot! Ill update on the results