Fuel pump replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
CorDog009

CorDog009

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It is an option. However, this is potentially the first and last time he does it unless he intends to go another 10 years/100k with this truck. Not sure if it is worth thebtrouble and effort.

Correct. It's not worth it for a basically stock daily driver. Not for me anyway.

Gecko

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004, 2004
Engine
5.7L Hemi, 8.3L V10
I don't want to be stuck out in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night or something when it does decide to go out. I've already ordered one..should be here Tuesday. I can swap it out here at the house when I have some spare time and not have to have the truck towed/miss work/track down a pump etc.

I had this happen to me back in April. It was 11:30 at night and I was 45 min from home on the highway. It sucked. My truck had about 150k miles on it at the time I believe. I had no indication of a bad pump it just randomly shut off and I couldn't start the truck back up.

I've since had that one replaced because it turned out the new one that got put in was defective. The one they put in to replace the defective one is also defective. Though I believe it's actually the level reader on the pump and not the pump itself. I'm replacing it in a month anyways with the stronger, higher flowing pump to go with the supercharger I'm installing then.