has any1 done a DIY on sea foam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

donjohnk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I looked it up on youtube and boy theres many ways people do it.. and honestly none of them went by how the directions tell ya... Looking to see if a ram owner has

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Directions are on the can ..lol each vehicle is different as the size of the gas tank and crank are different . The can tells you how much to use per gallons of fuel your tank holds and how much to use per quarts of oil your crank holds .

I love the stuff , use it in my truck , nittro , atv , tractor and Harley

AWE Daniel

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My brother dumps the stuff down a vacuum line, but honestly I dont put anything in my motor the manual doesnt tell me too.

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
I add half a can to a full tank of gas and a half can in the crank on every oil change .
Have done this for years and will always do so .

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
I hate the stuff, but I know it's pretty popular on other forums I am on the best way to add it through a vacuum line is as follows:

Unhook brake booster vacuum line and pour slowly into it, letting it suck it in. You will see smoke.
Then pour more at faster rate (will stop the engine). Don't restart, let it sit for a while. Restart.

Pour the rest in the gas tank the n change your oil/filter

Be extremely careful when adding it to your crankcase, it will thin your oil quite a bit an over time can cause bearing issues. If I were to ever run it in my oil I would only go about 200 miles at the most on it if that and change the oil and filter after.

If you're wanting to add something to the crankcase to clean your engine add 1/2 quart of ATF into it, drive it a little then do an oil and filter change...ATF is very high in mineral spirits and is an excellent cleaner. It is even used as an injector cleaner/pump lubricator in diesel engines, when a little bit is added to diesel fuel.

I wont add anything into my fuel but Berrymans B12 Chemtool...IMO and from working for an oil company for the past 11 years who also makes engine chemicals, Berrymans has more cleaning agents in their blend than anything on the market.

Hemiguy0302

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.2 Boss
My oil goes in clean and comes out clean. The truck gets driven hard and heated up so yeah I really do not feel the need for the stuff.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
I have only used it in small engines to help clean out carb jets. After pulling my motor down twice I really dont see the need to add it as long as you change your oil every 3k and in my casr always run 93 in it. These photos were from the first time the motor got tore down at 70k.
IMG_1091.jpg
IMG_1098.jpg

txbass06

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Never ran it in the crank, but I have through a vacuum line and in the fuel. It smoked like a **** after pouring it in the brake booster line, but after it cleared up it was a lot smoother at idle and top end of the RPM range

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963