Heat went in the truck, need some help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ol'red02

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So my heat has been getting worse and worse in my truck and on my 2 and a half hour drive back up to NH my heat **** the bed. Froze my ass off.
But ive been noticing a weird smell lately when the heat was on and working and ive learned it could be the heating coil is burnt out??

Anybody know if im right? Or if anyone has had this happen how much did it cost to repair it?

Anything helps

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
could be the heater core or blend doors. It costs a crap load to have done, I think Ive seen like $1000 and up for labor but not positive on that. I did mine myself and it wasnt all that bad.

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
Sorry to hear it, but if no heat and your temp guage is normal and you smell something it normally is the hoat and it normally leaks inside the cab onto the carpet. However if you have no heat and the temp guage cannot reach normal, its cold out and you are not overheating then your thermostat is stuck in the OPEN position. I've never looked but i beleive the dash has to come apart to access the core as i recall the two tubes coming out the firewall are located pretty high up. Good Luck Man.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ol'red02

ol'red02

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah Im gunna swing it by a shop tomorrow, and if its that much i think the truck is a goner as i have a few other problems that need to be taken care of. And gas as a commuting college student, no good haha