HI new member need help no ground to asd relay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vtoffroad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have 2004 dodge 1500 with 5.7l trucks been dead 2 months . I have no ground to asd relay truck will not start . changed fuse box and pcm with ones from salvage yard still wound not start. If i ground asd relay and spray gas in throttle body truck will start . when running electronic throttle light on dash is on. I have been working on for month need help.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
If you don't already have the service manual downloaded, then I'd start with doing that.
My Dodge: Dodge Owners Service Manuals - Dodge Cars, Minivans, SUVs

This should give you ideas where to check. Post back your progress as there are folks on here that can help.

Edit: I just did a quick check and it looks pretty straight forward in that the ASD is connected to Battery 12vdc and the ground is controlled by the PCM. Since you have swapped the PCM already and it still doesn't work then I'd look at the wiring and electrical plugs closely to see if something is bent or broken. Maybe actually run a new wire from the PCM directly to the IPM to trouble shoot.

Last edited: