inconsistant wipers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AJMAG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
my wipers are very inconsistant. sometimes they will work fine sometimes not. sometimes they wont turn on unless its as the fastest speed. and sometimes when i hit bumps they will go on.. any idea what this could be? the pattern is all messed up too. on the first click they will keep wiping and randonly stop instead of just the one sweep

greatwhite57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Mine is doing the same thing. One day I went to unlock my truck and they turned on then turned off. It's very strange. I was thinkin it might be the switch.

txbass06

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Sounds like the switch to me too. I had a truck that would do some weird stuff with the wipers too. They would work on the intermittent and hi speed settings but not the slower speed unless the left turn signal or my headlights were on lol. Replaced the multi-function switch and everything worked correctly

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

jbmobbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
mine did that and i just replaced the multi swich and motor now it works like new.....i also recomend the rain x latitudes for wiper blades......theyre freakin amazing

OP
OP
AJMAG

AJMAG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I got a video of it ill post tomorrow. Ill check them out tomorrow thanks dan!

OP
OP
AJMAG

AJMAG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Huh, never heard this one before! but I agree, sounds like the switch is going up. Check out Rock Auto for a replacement!

can you do me a huge favor and tell me if its part number 403025? i dont wanna order the wrong this. it says its the motor, im not seeing an option for the switch

OP
OP
AJMAG

AJMAG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
heres what its doing, this is on the second setting. (2 clicks forward)
th_IMG_0460.jpg

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Looks like my wipers are doing the same thing. Multi function switch ....where's that? we talking bout the l/h stem off the steering wheel? How hard is it to get to the wiper motor??

lfoshaug

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Flexifuel
I have the same problem. Anyone have a write-up on how to change it?

Is it the same part number for all 3rd gen RAM's?

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
all I know is I hold my breath every time it rains/snows.....from what I have read so far the contacts in the wiper moror are the culprit. new motor , or take off an clean and replace.......course if ya break anything , you have to buy it......