Melted evap tube help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02blueram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have been researching for over a month and I can't find anything on this hose. 2002 Ram 1500 4x4 4.7L Regular cab

I first got the dreaded large evap leak code and checked all my evap lines and found there is a large hose that goes from the filter under the drivers side that goes up into the engine. since it had melted i have no idea where it goes or what it does.

I think it's this part #

04764874AA

does anyone know a part # or name of that line in the video? and where it connect to in the engine bay?
https://youtu.be/bxfTcHAT_EY

any help would be great!

thank in advance.

xb1230

Hobby Mechanic
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
This is the vapor purge harness. It should be connected to a solenoid under the battery tray close to the Integrated Power Module (fuse/relay box next to the battery).

The tube splits in 2 smaller tubes about 9 inches before getting to the solenoid.

The correct part number is : 52102942AC

There are no collets holding these in place. It might have just slipped from its actual location and then could have melted a bit by rubbing on the manifolds or the exhaust tubes. The 4.7L runs very hot so the EGT's are also higher than other engines.

Hope this helps

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
Yep, like stated it is the vacuum line coming from the purge valve located under the IPM on the hemi. The purge valve has two hoses connected to it. one hose connects to the engine vacuum and the other is the one in the video going back the NVLD module.