need help with transfer case info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rgabell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I owen a 2002 ram 1500 with a 4.7l. Had to replace the transfer case. the transfer case in the truck now is a 241D and the old one was the same a 241D. why did my rear drive shaft match up but my front drive shaft not. The out put shaft is the same size as the yoke and the same amount of teeth. Does anyone know what the problem is?

PdPuNOme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
differentials, driveshafts, and transfer cases are not all made by the same manufacturer even throughout that given year model they could be different. chrysler plays around with suppliers and it is documented fact they made last minute switches to these. I would suspect that or they do line up just have to ensure you get it right. I replaced my front diff in my 02 with 2 other diffs both of which the front driveshaft worked, then recently replaced the front driveshaft with a supposedly 2006 one and went right in, so i was not affected by the supplier changes in my situations so not a guarantee for everyone.