NEW Transmission Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OlDirtyJohn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Quad Cab 2500 *Sold*
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ugh, im soooo pissed right now. So i installed the new tranny sharadon sent me this morning.... all was good for a couple hours. then i was just driving down the street normally, and all of a sudden it just started shaking uncontrollably. then just a loud THUD, felt like the tranny just fell off the truck. and it died. couldnt restart it. and its all locked up. cant even push it when its in neutral. it got drug onto a flatbed, and dropped off on base.

i dont even know how to feel now, sad, angry, desperate... and i can guarantee that sharadon will just chaulk it up to be a bad install. i dont think they will send me another one, since they already did, without a warranty too. i guess me and the wife are down to one car for a while now.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That is unreal. After reading your other thread that Sharadon was posting in about this whole situation it seems like it might be time to start looking for other trans options.

glass3222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sorry to hear about your luck. After reading everything on the other forum, I don't think I will ever consider Sharadon for anything. I would start calling junk yards to see if you can find one for a decent price.

AWE Daniel

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dude that blows, I think sharadon should go and get butt f*cked, they probably sent you a ****** rebuild

Hemiguy0302

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.2 Boss
Well I guess that just destroyed whatever positive image sharadon had among the forums. What a big **** around.

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
Wow, Isn't that the *****, Speechless and sorry for your troubles, but What are the Tags Right above where I'm Typing??? Is that from you John or are the Mods screwing around?

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ditto, With Fudge.

OP
OP
OlDirtyJohn

OlDirtyJohn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
the thing that sucks the most though..... is that you've all been had. it was my turn to play a ****** trick on everyone, just like silver and frog did.

So onto the REAL story. went to the shop today. put my truck up on a lift. spent about an hour and a half getting the damn pan off. had to hammer a razor blade between the pan and tranny, then tap it around the pan to cut the seal. PITA! but i got it. swapped the VB/solenoid. replaced the filters and fluid. used grey RTV this time, screw that black stuff. also, the inside of the tranny was spotless! no gunk, or clutch material, or metal dust. just perfectly bright red fluid.

took it on a test drive, and DAMN. tranny performs absolutely wonderfully now! nice smooth shifts during normal driving. WOT shifts are much better than stock. not as good as when i had the other VB in, but still pretty sweet.

after doing countless hours of research, i now know this damn tranny inside and out. and understand how every part inside it works, and how all the parts work together. the problem i was having wasnt even really a "problem" per say. its just that it was shifting so hard due to the badass VB that the whole truck was shaking. during WOT though with the other one, the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts were ****** inducing. no kidding. if this truck wasnt my daily driver/tow vehicle, i would totally have kept the other VB, it would be SWEET for the track. the new VB i installed was just a toned down stage II. i guess i should have took the description on their site seriously when it said "this VB is down right harsh, dont get it if you dont want your wife asking whats wrong with the truck"

so there you have it. im finally back up and running correctly. i guess i can stop bad mouthing the guys at sharadon. after all, they did send me an entire new tranny to attempt to make things right. even though i didnt have a warranty. i just wish this whole ordeal could have been dealt with differently or more quickly. after talking on the phone to denny a number of times, he should have just said that that VB will most likely make your truck shift like that. do you want to try a more mild one?

vids, and data logs to follow. i think my time will get slower now though. the shifting with the other VB was REALLY QUICK.

Hemiguy0302

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.2 Boss
Its a good thing you came back on and told us it was a joke. I have a feeling you just stopped an angry mob of ram guys carrying torches and bricks. Lol.

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yep LOL....Like James Coburn said to Mel Gibson in the Movie Payback when Gibson shot holes in his Alligator skinned Suitcase as he was standin around, "Thats Just Plain Mean Man".

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
glad its all worked out!

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
So you gonna send back the other vb and that other new trans?

OP
OP
OlDirtyJohn

OlDirtyJohn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So you gonna send back the other vb and that other new trans?

i dunno, he would be paying for the tranny to be sent back. and i kind of want to stay on his good side, just in case i need anything from him later. but im still not sure. either way though, i am for sure keeping the stage II VB. thats what i originally paid for, so thats what im gonna have, one way or another.

glass3222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Glad you got it working to your liking. What valve body do you have in it now? Stage II?

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
It's good that it is fixed....

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler