No parking lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BAILEY1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 2500
Engine
Dat Cummins!
Alright all my 3rd Gen guru's, I need your help in solving a problem that I am not familiar with.

A good friend of mine called me today and asked if I could change out the drivers side parking lights on her 2008 Ram 1500. I of course say sure....see ya in a few.

I get to her house and notice that both the front and rear drivers side running/parking lights are not working. The blinker and brake light on drivers side works just fine, but no running/parking lights at all on the drivers side, front or rear.

The passenger side of the truck is fine and everything is working as it should.
I changed the bulbs on the drivers side and it did not fix the issue. Is this a common problem on the 3rd Gen's or should I be looking for something else? Any help you guys/girls could give me would be great.

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
Odd. Unfortunately it might be the TIPM that has gone out, which is an expensive fix. Not sure what else it could be though.

OP
OP
BAILEY1

BAILEY1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 2500
Engine
Dat Cummins!
Odd. Unfortunately it might be the TIPM that has gone out, which is an expensive fix. Not sure what else it could be though.

Every search I have made on the web has pointed to the same thing, and they are expensive.

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
Before going the TIPM route you might want to do a wire trace. Checking for any breaks or major chafing on the wires leading to the lights. Not gonna cross my fingers on that though, its a longshot.

BigSloth

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 CCSB Black Express
Engine
5.7 Hemi
find a wiring diagram online and look to see if there are 2 separate fuses, that's a common thing now to split a system between left and right, because often times they are on different sub harnesses.

Use the wiring diagram to voltage drop test your way through the system until you find the point at which you lose voltage.

OP
OP
BAILEY1

BAILEY1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 2500
Engine
Dat Cummins!
find a wiring diagram online and look to see if there are 2 separate fuses, that's a common thing now to split a system between left and right, because often times they are on different sub harnesses.

Use the wiring diagram to voltage drop test your way through the system until you find the point at which you lose voltage.

I haven't been able to locate a wiring diagram for the 3rd Gens. The only wiring diagrams I can find are for the 2010 thru 2014 Chrysler Products. I have added the link if anybody would like to use it. https://techauthorityonlinedemo.extra.chrysler.com/service/repair/wiring/view/classic.htm

BigSloth

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 CCSB Black Express
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Find a service manual for your year model and download it, it will contain the needed diagrams