Quick spec question....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4.7Ram5.7Rango

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Flex
Getting ready to throw my wheel spacers on here in a lil bit. I was just curious as to what specs yall think everything should be torqued down to....

I also plan on throwing my Hellas on, while im in a heated shop :********: I wanted to wait to do the HID conversion to'em before I installed them, but Im going for it anyways. Pics to come!

EJM05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
440 Big Block
I dont know any specs but hurry up and get the damn pics! lol

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
Getting ready to throw my wheel spacers on here in a lil bit. I was just curious as to what specs yall think everything should be torqued down to....

I also plan on throwing my Hellas on, while im in a heated shop :********: I wanted to wait to do the HID conversion to'em before I installed them, but Im going for it anyways. Pics to come!

Bear,
My 03 manual says the lugs nuts on a 1500 are torqued to 135 lbs. That seems high, but that's what the manual calls for. I do mine at about 90 ft lbs and never have had a problem.

OP
OP

4.7Ram5.7Rango

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Flex
Thanks greg. Pretty ****** turnout on my mod night. One of my hid bulbs came with the halogen part broke off. Then my damn spacers didn't fit. Looks like they were trying to go from a 5/5.5 to a 5.5/5. Does that even make sense? That's what it looks like is imprinted on the spacer. Needless to say I got pissed off and didn't even fool with the hellas

4XLGATOR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
^^^ I hate that...get all hyped up to do a mod and open the box only to find a broken or wrong part. That sucks!

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Send them ******* back and make them pay for next day shipping

OP
OP

4.7Ram5.7Rango

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Flex
I must say that the spacer deal may possibly be my fault. I have to go back and see what I ordered. They didnt send an order form or anything. As far as the bulb goes thats hidextra ********. They're eve3n different color! So that outta be a fun battle

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
I must say that the spacer deal may possibly be my fault. I have to go back and see what I ordered. They didnt send an order form or anything. As far as the bulb goes thats hidextra ********. They're eve3n different color! So that outta be a fun battle

Bear,
That really sucks, I haven't dealt with spacers so don't know how to spec them. But would think if you asked for 5 x 5.5-1.5" spacer you would get a 1.5" thick spacer on a 5 x 5.5 pattern. What you are describing sound like a wheel adapter was sent.

OP
OP

4.7Ram5.7Rango

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Flex
Well, according to their website, thats exactly what they sent, wheel adapters. Heres the ebay link to exactly what my mom ordered (I found what I wanted and sent her the link to order for Christmas)

(4) 1.25" Wheel Spacers 5x5.5 Dodge Ram (94-10) 1500 - eBay (item 330451870794 end time Jan-11-11 06:45:28 PST)

Do they have it labeled wrong on ebay? Am I the idiot? Whether its my fault or someone elses, still very frustrating. I had the truck on the lift, all 4 wheels off, haha. Thanks for looking fellas...

Edit: Heres what they have on their website. Its listed under "wheel adapters", but look exactly like what they have listed on ebay as "wheel spacers"

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
EDIT:

Sorry I read the ad wrong...
those appear to adapt a 5 on 5" bolt pattern to 5 on 5.5"

Last edited:
OP
OP

4.7Ram5.7Rango

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Flex
Well, if I understand correctly, it goes from a vehicle with either 5x5 or 5x5.5 to a vehicle with 5x5.5. The pieces I got are double-drilled. My studs were longer then the spacer was thick, which the ebay listing said might happen and I would have to grind'em down.......

Here's a couple pics...

DSC00026.jpg

Heres what is on the spacers

DSC00030.jpg

Crappy pic of the bulb. They entire thing is different than my other one, from the material used to the wiring itself. I guess it was whatever China was throwing out that day....

DSC00029.jpg

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
Well, then one of them double drilled sets of holes has to be a 5 on 5.5" pattern so they can be used as a spacer...the other set of holes is an adapter so it can be used as both a spacer and an adapter...

I really dont care to use a regular adapter, more or less a double drilled one...they scare me...I mean look at how much meat is between the double drilles holes there...

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
I read it the same, 5 to 5.5 adapter or 5.5 to 5.5 1.25" spacer. I assume they fit the rims, but don't fit the hub. One set of holes look like it is the same as the 5.5 studs.
If the studs are on a 5.5" bolt hole circle (BHC) then you should be able to take the spacers and stack them onto each other.

OP
OP

4.7Ram5.7Rango

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Flex
yup, you're right, not much there is it.......... Well, I don't know what the hell to do then. I thought this is what I needed to go with, but I guess its not the best choice. Now Im gonna get eatup in shipping charges...

Greg,

Thats how the spacers came, stacked face to face. They fit on the lugs/hub fine. I used the old lugs to bolt down the spacer, then put the rim up. The lug stuck out so far (because the stud is too long) that the rim barely set on the "new studs" enough for the open-end lugs to bite. Im wondering if grinding down the old studs is the answer? Im bout to just say f-it and send'em back and just get the cheapo advanced ones, lol. dammit.

Last edited:

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
yup, you're right, not much there is it.......... Well, I don't know what the hell to do then. I thought this is what I needed to go with, but I guess its not the best choice. Now Im gonna get eatup in shipping charges...

Greg,

Thats how the spacers came, stacked face to face. They fit on the lugs/hub fine. I used the old lugs to bolt down the spacer, then put the rim up. The lug stuck out so far (because the stud is too long) that the rim barely set on the "new studs" enough for the open-end lugs to bite. Im wondering if grinding down the old studs is the answer? Im bout to just say f-it and send'em back and just get the cheapo advanced ones, lol. dammit.

Bear, That is standard practice to have to cut the original studs on the hub. Unless you have a wider spacer. It is even mentioned in the ad.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
The strongest setup would be to use true spacers with longer studs to accomodate the additional width of the spacers. Once the studs are cut you woud think they would need to be replaced if the spacers were removed. I don't like the idea of cutting them.

Edit: My statement needs to be a little more flexible. So let's measure how much stud is showing with the wheel mounted. Say it is 1/4". Now mount the spacer. If the amount that needs to be cut is no more than what was showing with the wheel mount then I would cut it. If cutting the stud resulted in making the stud unuseable to remount the wheel with the spacer removed then I wouldn't cut it.

This is from the eBay site:

***** DISCLAIMER *****

If your wheel studs on your vehicle are longer than the adapter is thick they may need to be ground down to prevent the end of the studs on your car from hitting the back of the wheel.Please Ensure that these are the correct application for your vehicle, we only guarentee that you will recieve the item that is described, we do not guarentee any fitment onto any vehicle. It is ulimately the end users responsibilty to ensure that this is the correct product.
We strongly advise that a certified mechanic, and or, a professional install these adapters
Returns are acccepted, no shipping will be refunded.

Last edited: