Shaking when braking.. please help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramx2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
guys these trucks are bad with rear rotors warping even the new ones do it like a year later so end the headache and go with drilled and slotted rotors more $$$ yes but headache is gone for good then.

aheeejd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
I bought my 03 in 05 with 37k. It has done that shimmy & shake since day 1. Did all 4 rotors (cheap ones, nothing fancy) all new pads a few times over the years & same thing. Was thinking wheels until I read that post on other page. All these years later it still does it. Back in Oct of 2016 I blew the motor (245k). Bought remanufactured engine & put it in. Replaced steering rack, bushings, tie rod ends. Replaced shocks all the way around. Still the shake & shimmy. I guess after 11 years I've got to live with it. Although I am tempted to try out some nice rotors next time I need brakes.

Sent from my LG-ls990 using Tapatalk

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can rule out a suspension issue or tire/ rim issue because you stated it only does it while braking. If it was a suspension or tire issue it would be more noticable all the time. Being it does it while braking your rotors are more then likely whooped...and being you didnt change them before theyre on their second set of pads and theyre just spent.

I read a mopar service bulletin that stated, paraphrased of course, that when braking over 45mph, if the shaking was present to rotate the tires. Test at 45 again, and if still present, to replace the lower control arm bushings. That was it lol.

aheeejd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
I read a mopar service bulletin that stated, paraphrased of course, that when braking over 45mph, if the shaking was present to rotate the tires. Test at 45 again, and if still present, to replace the lower control arm bushings. That was it lol.
Interesting, but never any issues at 45, it always happens at lower speeds. Example, slight downhill, stop sign, truck could mix a drink. And like some others have said, if I let off brakes & reapply its better. I don't know. I've given up long ago, but came across this thread, figured I'd tell my story

I guess I'd be interested in trying 4 new wheels. But money a little tight after buying remanufactured engine.

Sent from my LG-ls990 using Tapatalk

Last edited: