Takata Recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
tacata recall will have Rams as well

34 million vehicles and counting, all major vehicle brands 12 and counting. Stay tuned and keep informed, if this happens to you it looks like you were stabbed as said by the police who have witnessed some of the deaths. Put your VIN in the link and see if it affects you. Now up to model years 2011, but I bet it will go past that as well.

Harley Harrold

USAF Ret. 36+ years service
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
tacata recall will have Rams as well

34 million vehicles and counting, all major vehicle brands 12 and counting. Stay tuned and keep informed, if this happens to you it looks like you were stabbed as said by the police who have witnessed some of the deaths. Put your VIN in the link and see if it affects you. Now up to model years 2011, but I bet it will go past that as well.

I have been on a waiting list since January 29th, still waiting for parts, maybe this time next year it will be replaced. Meanwhile, if anything happens, airbag deploys, and metal hits me, I will be filing a lawsuit, that is if I live thru the accident.

LTDMan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum V8
I've got mine on the Wait list at a local stealership as well, been waiting for about 2 months. They've told me it probably will be later this year before they are able to get the parts. Supposedly owners with vehicles that have spent their time in high humidity environments, are in the most danger of this happening. Regardless, I'd like to disable mine in the meantime, not interested in getting shrapnel in my face.

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Typical Japanese company, deny everything until the point everyone is up their ass and then talk like they're so committed to everyone's safety. Just like toyota.

xtremewlr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Just scheduled the replacement of the driver's side airbag on my truck. I got the recall notice a couple months ago and it said no parts available and I would be contacted when they were. Never heard anything since. So I called a couple local dealers today and one had parts on hand and was able to get me in this coming Friday.

My truck is a 2004 Ram QC Hemi, manufacture date 09/2003. If you haven't done so yet, check with your Dodge dealer for the recall.

My recall is Chrysler Recall #R25, NHTSA Recall #15V-313

Safety Defect/Non Compliance Description and Safety Risk:
THE DRIVER AIRBAG INFLATOR HOUSING MAY RUPTURE, DUE TO EXCESSIVE INTERNAL PRESSURE, DURING NORMAL AIRBAG DEPLOYMENT EVENTS. THIS CONDITION IS MORE LIKELY TO OCCUR IF THE VEHICLE HAS BEEN EXPOSED TO HIGH LEVELS OF ABSOLUTE HUMIDITY FOR EXTENDED PERIODS OF TIME. AN INFLATOR RUPTURE, DURING AIRBAG DEPLOYMENT EVENTS, COULD RESULT IN METAL FRAGMENTS STRIKING AND POTENTIALLY SERIOUSLY INJURING THE VEHICLE OCCUPANT(S).

Repair Description:
THE DRIVER AIRBAG INFLATOR MUST BE REPLACED.

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Nice thing that my dads the parts manager at our local dealership so I was the first in our area to have it done lol

hemihustlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Just got my letter last week. Who knows when the parts will get up here

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcquinn