Temp Control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RyanC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemy 5.7
Hey guys

First post. Fixing up my '03 1500 Laramie 5.7 Hemi after taking it out of 9 months of storage.

My engine runs a little on the cold side. Could this be the reason that the duel climate control heaters isn't as hot on the driver side as it is on the passenger side? It's been like this for a few years and I don't want to be driving around in another Canadian winter freezing with all the heaters on full blast.

My heavy duty mechanic friend reckons that it may be the thermostat or water pump.

Any body else have some insight?

I'm not a mechanic but I do a lot of driver/self preventative maintenance on vehicles over the years.

Cheers,

Ryan

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How cold does it run. Thermostats are cheap, so after sitting it may be worth it to change. Maybe it's stuck open. Other than that idk. I would think it would run hot if the pump had issues.

OP
OP
R

RyanC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemy 5.7
So if it's not the thermostat, it could be the heater valve, which I don't think I'd be able to fix myself.

Here's a pic of the operating temp.

Attachments

• Photo 2014-10-27, 12 40 20.jpg
    Photo 2014-10-27, 12 40 20.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 75
OP
OP
R

RyanC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemy 5.7
sorry for the sideways photo. Stupid iPhone

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does it stay there our fluctuate. Long shot but maybe its a fault temp sensor. Otherwise I'm out of ideas lol.
I guess you could wing it and start replacing things lol

OP
OP
R

RyanC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemy 5.7
I'll keep an eye on it and follow up. I'll keep doing my own research as well.

Hoping to get rid of this truck sooner or later because it's just a bunch of different little annoying problems on it. Hoping to avoid one huge problem.

DTECH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Temp looks normal to me..if your getting heat on the passenger side then most likely it a blend door or the plastic peice that connects from the actuator to the blend door is broken...if your lucky it will be in a place on the front but most likely have to pull the dash to replace these small peices are know to break and dodge has replacement upgraded plastic actuator stops to fix the problem..check the small stuff first..with the key on and engine off and the blower off, switch the drivers temp from hot to cold and listen under the dash for the actuator motor you should hear it for a moment then stop if you hear a continuous sound and any awkward clicking then the blend door may be broken..I had to replace a blend door in mine wasn't fun but the kit came with all new upgraded parts to prevent any other blend doors from breaking