Transmission

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Superdadjdh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 had 4.7
I have a 2003 ram 1500 it was a 4.7 it is now a points distributer 360 I can't get the trans to shift right it wants to start in secound and won't go past third gear the tachometer is not yet hooked up as I don't know what ran it on the 4.7 can anyone help me out

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
Being a 03 using a 545RFE it is a electronic controlled transmission. It is currently in limp mode. It won't every work unless you can duplicate the sensor inputs and then it would by my guess not work as it should. My recommendation is to use a A518/46RH trans. You can do like I have done and use pressure switches to control the O/D and converter lockup. You will have to install a Throttle Valve cable to mange it's normal shifting which is no problem since you have a carburetor to connect to. And it is basically a bolt in with a modified flexplate and possible a different starter motor and using the original cross member with the mount holes elongated about 1/2". The driveshaft fits without any mods. Plus it is a more robust trans. Good luck.

Last edited: