Valve work qestion 5.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lonestar94

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a random mutiple Missfire cylinder #1 on my 04 5.7 hemi and i believe i have it tracked down to a bad valve seal. Still runs and drives fine so valve has not dropped, everyonce in awhile it will run rough at low rpms or at a stop light/sign. Ive done some research and have heard of stock 5.7s valve springs eventually breaking and people upgrading to 6.1 springs so thought i may aswell upgrade while im in that area.

Was wanting some info about upgrading exhaust and intake springs to 6.1s or just exhaust.

Ive owned this truck for about 7 months, first dodge and like the mopar world. Would like to fix all known problems starting with this misfire

Joe.G

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 SLT Quad Cab Short Bed
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had the same issue, I changed all of my Valve springs, with the updated 5.7 springs and I also changed all of the 02 sensors with OEM Sensors. Problem was solved after that. Honestly if I was you and I was trying to fix the issue the first thing I would do is the 02 senors. Just to see if it changes as it is a quick and fairly cheap job, and I always like to know what the real issue was and since I did mine at the same time I am unsure what really fixed it. Even if it fixes it I would for a piece of mind Change the valve springs also.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye