What is this wiring part under the hood?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

triple111

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys, just bought this (new to me) 2002 1500! Super stoked about doing some work on it, I got two questions

Ahu3lXX.jpg

What the heck is this wire? It was dangling off the engine hood light.

Lbomks9.jpg

2TUxDDn.jpg

Also, if my ram didn't come with fog lights (has the holes), is there a power tap for them off the wiring harness? Or will I have to splice in a connection?

Thanks!

derekp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1990 5.9 Cummins
That looks like an air bag deployment sensor that somebody unbolted from somewhere. Either that or an outside temp sensor. I can't remember totally what either of them look like. Lol

It's easier to just build the harness yourself with an external switch. Theres a way to add them into the factory harness but it requires the dealership to flash the system to make it work.

OP
OP
triple111

triple111

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yep, that seems to be it. Any idea where it should be attached to? It was just dangling there :naughty:

I'm pretty good with electrical wiring so I'll probably just tap in somewhere

derekp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1990 5.9 Cummins
Yep, that seems to be it. Any idea where it should be attached to? It was just dangling there :naughty:

Yeah I'm the same. Easier to do it for a few bucks than pay the stealership for 3 min of their time. Just don't forget to include a relay and fuse in the harness.

Hot Ducer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You may have wires and connectors already. My'03 didnt come with fog lights but, but it's already wires for them. They were a little hidden though.

2003 1500 QuadCab 5.7 4x4

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Mine is on the driver's side of the core support, behind the grille.