Wheel and tire help!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rammin2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
Im looking at new wheels and tires for my 01 2500. Right now i have the stock rims with bf goodrich 285/75/16 on it. They rub a little when i cut all the way. I found nice rims (ultra 208p). They have 0 offsetI am also looking to get **** cepek radial F-c-II. (35x12.5x17) Do the stock rims have a positive offset at all? I dont want the new tires and rims to rub. Will they? Thanks

iSlacker816

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 (360ci) Magnum
If I'm not mistaken they would need a negative offset to stick the wheel out further, let someone confirm that tho

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
i wish i knew for sure. I'm guess that that stock wheels do have some positive offset.

Badger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You need a negative offset or wheel spacers, and a leveling kit or lift to stuff them under.

Muddytazz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 2500HD 4x4
Engine
Hemi baby
Zero Offset

The hub mounting surface is even with the centerline of the wheel.

Positive

The hub mounting surface is toward the front or wheel side of the wheel. Positive offset wheels are generally found on front wheel drive cars and newer rear drive cars.

Negative

The hub mounting surface is toward the back or brake side of the wheels centerline. "Deep dish" wheels are typically a negative offset.

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
^good info

OP
OP
R

Rammin2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
Zero Offset

The hub mounting surface is even with the centerline of the wheel.

Positive

The hub mounting surface is toward the front or wheel side of the wheel. Positive offset wheels are generally found on front wheel drive cars and newer rear drive cars.

Negative

The hub mounting surface is toward the back or brake side of the wheels centerline. "Deep dish" wheels are typically a negativeG offset.

I know what offset is... What i dont know is The stock offset for my truck. If they have 0 offset i need to find new rims or spacers. If they have a little positive offset, i might be able to get away with it

Muddytazz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 2500HD 4x4
Engine
Hemi baby
Take one of your rims and lay it on the ground with the inside of the rim facing up. Take a straight edge and lay across the lip of your rim and measure down from that edge to the mounting surface that will give you your Backspacing. From there you'll be able to tell what you need.

And 0 offset is there the mounting surface is 100% dead on in the middle of the rim.