Why do I feel like my Hemi doesn't run like a Hemi?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
Central Jersey in person, the burgh at heart
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 Sport
Engine
sweet i am planning on doing adding exhaust which i forgot to add to my list in my introduction. thanks for reminding me. Whats the difference between all these brands though? power? Sound?

Oh and what did you mean by cia? cai? cold air intake?

yes cai is cold air intake. BFI and Vararam are the best two out there, but they come with a very large pricetag. The filter is the most important part. I would suggest making your own setup, but my guess is you'd be against that, so I will recommend getting an ebay CAI and using a quality K&N cone on it.

After you do exhaust and intake, you'll have 2 of the 3 "basic performance mods". The third is a programmer. It'll free up quite a few horsepower as well as get you better mpgs. Superchips and DiabloSport are the only 2 good options for the Hemi's. I'll recommend Superchips 3865.

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
CAI is Cold Air Intake. again many choices. vara ram, k&n, aFe, AEM, air raid too mant to list.

basically both of these help you engine breath better. and while you wont see significant results right away your truck will sound a lot better and you will be setting you self up for sucess later when you do start the heavy modding. these 2 are among the most common to do first.

here is a video of mine inside windows up stero on 22, Aero Turbine 3030 and an air raid intake, power wire few other little things. by no means do i think my truck is fast AFHemi would blow my doors off. i just love the way it sounds.

th_Video0014.jpg

BigMike005

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i did alot of reserch wen it came to an exhaust, i ended with aero 3030xl and man am i happy with it. A nice little rummble but wen you gun it, it sounds like a hemi should sound.

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CAI is Cold Air Intake. again many choices. vara ram, k&n, aFe, AEM, air raid too mant to list.

basically both of these help you engine breath better. and while you wont see significant results right away your truck will sound a lot better and you will be setting you self up for sucess later when you do start the heavy modding. these 2 are among the most common to do first.

here is a video of mine inside windows up stero on 22, Aero Turbine 3030 and an air raid intake, power wire few other little things. by no means do i think my truck is fast AFHemi would blow my doors off. i just love the way it sounds.

th_Video0014.jpg

easy killer. im not THAT fast lol. especially since i put these new meats on. dang they're heavy!!! about 120 lbs a piece. I think it'd be closer than you think lol

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
i dont know aaron you have a hell of a lot more done as far as well everything.....

hows your system holding up

i guess we could meet up in oct on I-35 south bound and see

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
while we're at it...

this is mine with magnaflow. the longtube headers make it louder than it was with just the muffler. also keep in mind the entire interior is heavily sound deadened to keep out road noise and exhaust noise.

[yt]d-hRljH7uxs[/yt]

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
yep agreed

BigMike005

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hopefully we get some clear weather soon, i'll take some and figure out how to make a sig

OP
OP
Black Hemi Demon

Black Hemi Demon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
im still working on this. actually removing the Volo Chip ****

OP
OP
Black Hemi Demon

Black Hemi Demon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
grrr stupid chip. I cant remove it. Like from the wires it has those lil plastic things on it that secure the wires together. I;ll post soon though

OP
OP
Black Hemi Demon

Black Hemi Demon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok to everyone that gave ideas, tips, helped on this post "THANK YOU" :party33: I removed the ****** Volo Chip and then reset the PCM and took my truck for a drive on the expressway. WOAH I felt the HEMI power, :rockit: it felt fast how it felt before. Felt the Hemi power I hadn't felt in months...

HEMI :rockit: HEMI :rockit: HEMI :rockit:

Ok so now the one problem that I talked about earlier in the post but was left behind. I floored it on the expressway for about 5 seconds, 10 seconds after I stopped flooring it, "CHECK GAUGES" and a beeping sound came on. :wtf2: Ok not only that but the oil temperature gauge went all the way down to low and stayed there. Also my truck started making a DIESEL truck noise. I love how it sounds but I know it is not a good thing on a non diesel truck :angry94: I drove home, turned the truck off, on, off, on and the noise was still there. I will leave it like that til the morning and see if it's still going on :Frustrated:

AParrette

Reaction score
Ram Year
1997 Pontiac Grand Prix
Engine
3.8L SUPERCHARGED
your oil is low
mine does that when it gets down th 2 quarts left in the engine

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
You should be able to do a key cycle and check for a code. Put the key in the ignition and turn it on (but not starting the truck) then off, then on, then off then on quickly and a code should pop up where your odometer is and see if it gives you a code (it will either say DONE and flash "-----" which means there are no codes, or it will give you a "Pxxxx" code, write that down and post it up. I have heard if the "check gauges" light comes on there is something else than just a low gauge. One guy had to replace his whole cluster to get it working again. I'll see if I cant track down the post on another site.

Basically though it is pointless to do anything else to your truck to make it go faster until you get the "Check Gauges" light to go away permenately. Check for codes using the key trick I posted up and then check your oil, your mechanic may have only put 5qts in, while the HEMI takes 7qts so that may solve the issue but if there are codes it might be something worse and much more $$$

AF - Damn that truck is slow, those big ass tires are just not doing anything for youeven with that cam in there. Your truck and Okla's look very close though, would be a closer race than you guys think.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
Ahhhh, this is going to be interesting. Sounds like a "diesel and I like it" and did I understand after you turned it off, it continued to make the diesel sound? My quess is it'll stop before morning. I think someone is having a little fun.......

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
wow this was a interesting read . way to help out fellas .

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
if your oil level is fine, my guess is the oil pump is bad. if it sounds like a diesel you shouldnt be driving it. when the engine doesnt get adequate oil, it doesnt take long before you'll be replacing the engine.

truckin-- thanks for the kind words bro. im well aware these monsters make this truck slow. i'd tried tellin okla that, but he didnt believe me