wires for the brake lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dodgegirl05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
not sure if is the right spot but.....

ive bought a brake light/ reverse light that goes under my tailgate and wanted to hard wire it the brake lights, directionals and back up lights and was wondering if anyone knew what wire is for which?? i dont have a test light (or whatever i need) so i cant do it, but if anyone knew that would be a big help!

thanks

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
yup this is the correct section ,

and do you have the 5 pin connector ?

should be a red wire for power .

AWE Daniel

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
White wire green stripe for reverse power if I remember. The best thing to do would be a test light, but If you dont have one try stripping the wire a bit and touching it to the pins on the connector, when you find the one you are looking for your light will light up if its grounded. (Doing it this way will not hurt anything, you are only completing circuits)

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
For mine, I just held the wires together and turned things onn till I found the correct function. But yeah, Like AF said, a test light, or multimeter would be the right way to do it. You might have to splice into your reverse light wires for the reverse lights. I had to for mine. Used the flat plug for the blinkers and brake, but had to splice into the reverse lights for backup. Remember, the round plug, you might not wanna use. You'll need it if you ever tow.

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
bring it to illinois i will do it ..lol but gas will kill ya .. like said above go get a tester makes it easy .

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
dodge girl i hope these help i didnt see any for the trailer plug in
DSC_0043-1.jpg

DSC_0035.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

OP
OP
dodgegirl05

dodgegirl05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
thanks might just have to do that!

lol RH that would def be a ride just for my lights lol

OP
OP
dodgegirl05

dodgegirl05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
ok got my new one in (dont like it but oh well) everything is wired up and working. but the parking light doesnt turn on. i talked to the guys from the website but they dont know. any ideas?