1/4" square socket for square head bolt????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cxf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi, Brand new member here but have been lurking for a short while. I was looking thru the info for Auto trans service for 2nd gens and came across band adjusting. Info about the process mentions a 1/4" square socket to adjust the 1/4" square head bolt. Looking thru various places and see no sign of such a thing anywhere. Any ideas anyone may have are appreciated.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Adjustment bolts are allen keys.
Why it still has the 1/4" square in the manual is beyond me, that's circa 1960s. lol

OP
OP
C

cxf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks dodge dude94! The info about the square socket came from a source on this site along with tightening specs for different years. I found the info here: 94+ Ram AT band adjustment

I just reread some of it and there is a post from 1999 that states he needed the square socket. My truck is also a 99. Just trying to be sure before I have everything apart and want to avoid a mad scramble seeking out an obscure socket.