2nd gen drum to dissc brake conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

heavymetal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2, Cam, Headers
I love the front suspension setup on these trucks but i hate the CAD. also not a fan of having to pull wheel bearings and press out studs to change brake rotors. i'm on the lookout for a HP60

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Here is that too faraway thing again. I have what you are looking for and I am not asking a left nut for it like most are on the web. I am heading over to winterpeg in the new year got anyway to ship it from there? I found two Hp 60 last weekend cheap, they need cleaning up and they are the ones with the 6" tube on the drivers side. I will be trussing (Arctech truss) the one up and setting it up for coil-overs this winter.

heavymetal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2, Cam, Headers
Merc, last night i looked at your profile, i didnt realize you were canadian this whole time!!! also, your trucks amazing, nice work!
I did ship a trans to bc for 60 bucks last summer, it was some no name company that mainly does car parts for auto wreckers, ill see if i can find the number and get a quote. what year is the axle your willing to let go of? and how much is your right nut worth then lol It may seem like im avoiding buying or shipping the right parts, I started school today so the budget for the truck got cut back

your going to drive that 5.9 across canada?? lol

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
^^^ Both are out of a 79 Ford F250 and I found out today they are geared with 4.10's. Thanks bud for the comp on my truck. I will sell it for what I paid for it $250.

Yep we are, time to put all these new parts and upgrades to the test, and gas is much cheaper once we get out of BC. I figure around a grand in gas for the whole trip back and forth.

heavymetal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2, Cam, Headers
Awsome, id rather come from bc to here then here to bc, by the time you get 3/4 done the trip...the roads become veeeery boring lol

I wonder how the original guy made out with his brakes...lol