95 3500 shuts down at idle and while driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stevetheplumber

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just recently my work truck shut down while driving down highway.i pulled off and it started right back up .the next day I drove over 100 miles with no problem then today in driveway it stalled I checked spark and had it I have also replaced fuel pump,crank trigger sensor,and cam sensor it does not seem like a fuel issue because it doesnt stall out it just shuts down and restarts on 1 try sometimes and 10 try's other times please help this is getting so frustrating. I've also checked battery and altanator and looked for grounding issues with no prevail

mcamzr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
She does it shut off?? Bumps, turning left or right? The reason I ask is when I worked at a jeep dealer service had a ram in for 6+ months with the same thing you describe turns out it was a wire that had been rubbing on the top of the driveshaft when the truck turned left. After time it wore through and when the customer turned left it would ground on the drive shaft and shut the truck off. Not saying that is the issue but it sounds to me like there is a bad,worms, or corroded connection somewhere.