96 Ram 1500 Driveshaft Vibration (With Video) What is causing it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NuocMamInMyshoes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2l Magnum
Hi guys,

My 1996 Dodge Ram Vibrated really badly and you can feel it through the entire car when it hits 30mph.

I replaced the Rear u-joint, before I had replaced the u-joint it vibrated between 30-40mph. After I replaced the rear axle ujoint, it vibrates badly only at exactly 30mph. The mid u-joint doesn't appear to have any play when I tried to shake it, so i did not replace the mid shaft u-joint.

Could the cause of the vibration be my center support bearing? I'm really not sure, and would appreciate thoughts based on the video I took. (strapped a gopro under the truck and took it for a drive)

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P68DegHUnK0

jbmobbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
Hi guys,

My 1996 Dodge Ram Vibrated really badly and you can feel it through the entire car when it hits 30mph.

I replaced the Rear u-joint, before I had replaced the u-joint it vibrated between 30-40mph. After I replaced the rear axle ujoint, it vibrates badly only at exactly 30mph. The mid u-joint doesn't appear to have any play when I tried to shake it, so i did not replace the mid shaft u-joint.

Could the cause of the vibration be my center support bearing? I'm really not sure, and would appreciate thoughts based on the video I took. (strapped a gopro under the truck and took it for a drive)

Video:

Center support can cause it bud. Iv had the same issue before

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

jbmobbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
Hi guys,

Video:

I just had time to watch the video

watch the center support its starts spinning out of round after you get up to speed. I bet after you replace it, that'll fix your issue bud

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
N

NuocMamInMyshoes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2l Magnum
I just replaced center support bearing today, brought the shaft to a driveshaft shop and they put a new one on for me. I put it back on my truck and the vibration is gone!! woot woot! thanks guys