97 1500 wobbles when turning right

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stitch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When im going over about 35 mph and turn slightly to the right i get a hell of a wobble from the front end, feels like a tires about to fall off. Its weird because if i turn hard righ it doesn't seem to do it. Id say the tires need balanced but its ONLY when I turn right. Its been a little tough for me to diagnose because i bought the truck recently (cheap) and everything in the front end looks worn out, but id like to get this repaired first. Tie rod end? Wheel bearing? Sway bar link? Anyone else had this problem?

jbmobbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
When im going over about 35 mph and turn slightly to the right i get a hell of a wobble from the front end, feels like a tires about to fall off. Its weird because if i turn hard righ it doesn't seem to do it. Id say the tires need balanced but its ONLY when I turn right. Its been a little tough for me to diagnose because i bought the truck recently (cheap) and everything in the front end looks worn out, but id like to get this repaired first. Tie rod end? Wheel bearing? Sway bar link? Anyone else had this problem?
Bad wheel bearing or ball joints??

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

Stitch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The u joint behind the passenger side hub is clearly bad. Could that cause an issue only when turning right?

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Possible. Less load on that wheel when turning right could make the problem more noticeable

OP
OP
S

Stitch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is there any possibility that its a tire balance issue?

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
going to 2nd or 3rd the ball joint or bearing.