97 Dodge Ram 4x4 manual rare? I have aftermarket parts and possible value?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Seanram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 magnum
Hi guys I have questions concerning maybe rare Ram. I also have a list of stuff I have done to my truck and am asking ball park value of my 97 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 5 speed manual. I have done a couple things to my truck like I put a 5 inch rough country suspensions lift kit and it's brand new. I have put new heads new head gaskets rebuilt my air intake kit. I have put a new front axle rebuild kit. I have brand new Nitto grapplers 35 inch tires on my stock rims. My exhaust is only catalytic converter and it really sounds good (came like that) It has the 318 magnum. It's has the stupid cracked dash on it, just put a new windshield, The electrical switches windows locks they all work. AC only blows on the top vent and heater core just went out on me. The truck has 162,000 miles on it. All the four-wheel-drive low high works and engages great. Done other stuff but that preventative maintenance. Guys be as savage as you can I am ready to hear good news or bad just break it to me straight. I was thinking about (4500) for the truck let me know fellas

Attachments

• IMG_0690.jpg
    IMG_0690.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0698.jpg
    IMG_0698.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0691.jpg
    IMG_0691.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0492.jpg
    IMG_0492.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0693.jpg
    IMG_0693.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 55
OP
OP
S

Seanram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 magnum
SYkRAMMAN i am from South carolina,

Neo299

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
I have a 98 1500 Sport Manual. I doubt it is that rare. I love manual though I am bummed that manual is no longer made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
SYkRAMMAN i am from South carolina,

Here in south jersey, your truck is worth around 2k or less. Sorry bud, it's still a good looking truck though, I would just keep it for that price.
It's probably worth a little more in your neck of the woods.

Last edited:

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
Engine
Magnum 360
4x4 manual is not rare at all. its just uncommon. If it were the 5.9 with all that I call it rare-ish simply because less than 10% of the 1500s came with the 5.9 stock.

They tires are simply the grabby brand of Toyo tires, which makes a decent tire, they are
not as good as BFG A/T 2s but just about as good as the hankook version (Hankook make a good tire that is just a small step below the BFG)

The lift is a moot point as they are common, to someone who will use the truck for daily or only road use and isn't compensating is a down side(not trying to be rude but I see a hundred people a week that are obviously trying to compensate with something they've done to their vehicle, not saying you're compensating you may have a legit reason for needing that).

The mileage is in the middle, 100k-120k I consider low mileage, 170+ high mileage. (for the age anyway)

Sorry to say but the engine work adds maybe $300 worth of value and thats to someone who was going to do it anyway. I wouldn't personally let it affect the price by more than $100. Great work if its something you plan to keep, the factory heads were garbage.

The vents is likely just a vacuum issue, check out the lines and actuators. The heater core is about a 4 hour job if you've never done it before and are learning along the way. Only about 2 hours if you've done it before.

Overall, in and around Michigan, the truck is only worth about 2K-2.5K. They are worth more to the person that owns them as they really are amazing trucks. I wouldn't sell mine, in much worse condition body wise, and with a bad trans (no second) for less than 8K, which is outrageous, no one will buy it for that price, but thats what its worth to me. However, if I saw an exact copy of my truck, i'd offer $500, thats about what mine is worth in its current condition.

OP
OP
S

Seanram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 magnum
it michigan all truck are worth **** because of salt no salt here bud

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
4x4 manual is not rare at all. its just uncommon. If it were the 5.9 with all that I call it rare-ish simply because less than 10% of the 1500s came with the 5.9 stock.

The lift is a moot point as they are common, to someone who will use the truck for daily or only road use and isn't compensating is a down side(not trying to be rude but I see a hundred people a week that are obviously trying to compensate with something they've done to their vehicle, not saying you're compensating you may have a legit reason for needing that).
Actually it's more like a strong 30-35%.

Aftermarket parts do not add value unless the buyer is on the same level

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
Engine
Magnum 360
Actually it's more like a strong 30-35%.

Aftermarket parts do not add value unless the buyer is on the same level

That sucks, I could never find one years ago, I had to blow my 5.2 and swap in a 5.9 to get one. :roflsquared:

DodgeTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins, 5.2l v8
AIM high and expect the low ballers, if paint is clean that helps. Buy a $150 dash cap off ebay, it will help with the dash issue to hide it. Here in Tx if you waited a few weeks you'd eventually get $3000ish. Hell if it had the 5.9 I'd buy for $3k

Lesnocker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Today I happened to purchase a 360 "I refuse to call it by ****** liter system" 5 speed...... I thought it might be rare myself thought they were only in base V6 2wd fleet trucks.