98 dodge ram t-case hard to shift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnMZ24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So the truck i bought didnt have the 4x4 lever hooked up to the tcase. I decided to hook it up today and it was so hard to push i stoped cuz i didnt wana snap the rod. I crawled under and tried by hand and still wouldnt go....put a extension thru it and pulled it and it finally went but had alot of force givn to it. The truck was in NEutral at the time..i crawled out and backed up 15 feet and forward and the 4x4 was workin...went back under and it was sooo hard to get back into 2x2. What can be the prob with it being that hard to engadge?

heavymetal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2, Cam, Headers
hey man, what Tcase do you have? i put a wrench on the nut for the shift lever on the Tcase, if you cant easily shift it through the ranges, something in the case is broken/bent (truck could be in park, block the wheels).

most likely, you have either a bent/broke shift rod or fork or the bushings on the shift forks are shot. Whats the fluid look like?

My truck was the exact way, i found when i hooked up the shift rod, it wasnt lined up properly, which probably caused the damage in the first place.

good luck