99 1500 axle bearings?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Redneck760

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l Magnum
Iv got a 99 1500 5.9l 4x4. I belive its the stock axle. Noticed some sqeek/squeel comin from the front passenger wheel on my way home from work. Got home n pulled the wheel off. The axle dust seal is poped out n feels like the whole hub is loose but when It wiggles it's loose all the way up inside the axle. Any idea on what it is? axle bearings is my guess? New to Rams.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 70

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There should be no play in the hub. If it wiggles, that is the problem. Check that u joint too.

MoparMagic'00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
merc i think ive asked this but can the dust seals be purchased anywhere? and is there a write up/thread for axle seals on here or links to one?

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
I have not found the dust covers anywhere other than for Heeps. My op on these is they hold more dirt in than what they are worth so I don't bother with them at all. No write up here on how to change the axle shaft seals in the front end, but it is in the FSM. Pass side is easy, drivers side not so much as the carrier has to come out to get to that seal. 100% teardown to change seals. I am getting my Diy's done for RF but slowly, I posted up a fuel pump Diy the other day.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atomota