abs/break light??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

refeicul

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L
ok over the weekend I blew a wheel cylinder on the right passenger side abs/break light came on.. Drove home lifted the truck up and put in new drums, shoes, springs, replaced both wheel cylinders, and Lines. had to do the lines cause they snapped talking the cylinders out. Everything seems to be good. I did adjust the star-wheels and everything aligned well. But the break light and abs lights are still on.. any thoughts as to why?? did i screw up the abs/break sensor when I blew the cylinder?

or when I unbolted the clamp on the diff to replace the break line the rear sensor dot damaged? (I did use an impact to get that top bolt off)

Edit: I think the 14mm bolt that locks the sensor down is loose and maybe it wiggled loose. Im going to dis/reconnect the sensor and torque the bolt down in the AM to see if anything changes

OP
OP
refeicul

refeicul

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L
well it appears that the abs sensor is damaged will update when I install the new sensor

OP
OP
refeicul

refeicul

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L
yup the sensor was bad all fixed now:Big Laugh:

BTW i Highly recommend the copper blend lines for replacement they cost only slightly more, do not oxidize/rust, and are Easier to shape without tools!!! But if you off road heavily they are still softer and not as rugged. It was like around 7$ for the drivers side length and 14$ for the long passenger side line