Blower Motor Bad?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bassslayer25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360 V8
So I think I have a bad blower motor but I wanted to check with yall and make sure. So basically the main issue is that it has became louder in the last month or two and the it sometimes doesnt work. Ill have it on full blast and nothing is coming out. It may come on it 5 mins or 15 mins it just depends on the day.

Is that the blower motor going out?

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
So I think I have a bad blower motor but I wanted to check with yall and make sure. So basically the main issue is that it has became louder in the last month or two and the it sometimes doesnt work. Ill have it on full blast and nothing is coming out. It may come on it 5 mins or 15 mins it just depends on the day.

Is that the blower motor going out?
Probably safe to say it's on its way out. I know some just replace the resistor, but I would go ahead and replace the entire thing and be done.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Lol if it ever comes on , 5 min , 15 min whatever ... your blower motel Is likely fine . It's likely your control module or the power source for the module or a harness issues btween the dial controll and the modual. ... I'm guessing here , but I'd say the motor is likely not the issue ...

MagSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Replace the resistor first especially if you live around a junkyard. It's a lot easier to change than the blower motor. Find a used resistor if you can, new ones are pricey; 50$ for a resistor block.

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Next time it doesn't turn on reach over and tap the blower motor. See if it starts working when you tap on it.

OP
OP
bassslayer25

bassslayer25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360 V8
Yeah sometimes when I first start the truck its working but its blowing very weak and then gradually gets stronger to the main full blast position.