Bored with my 98, looking for ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HAZZARDJOHN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
Here is the deal, I have a 98 1500 with a 318 and a 4x4. It is in immaculate shape and other than larger tires and wider wheels it is mostly stock. I want to keep this pickup as part of my collection for a long time, I really like this ram. Well I am bored and want to do some things to spice it up a bit. I just keep hitting my head against the wall coming up with ideas. I want a little more performance, but mostly to make it look badass. Not sure what I should do. Just looking for ideas, good or bad. I have been a car guy for my whole life, but I never looked at pickups as more than a tow vehicle before so this is kind of a new territory for me.

P4020470.jpg

Badger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Jack it to the moon, fat ass fender flares, more Chrome, tonneau cover, projector head lights, more Chrome, vinyl graphics, oh and more Chrome.

OP
OP
HAZZARDJOHN

HAZZARDJOHN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
I don't know about to the moon. Maybe a 3" lift would be sufficient for what I would like. Never really been into mud trucks. I also want to make the front end a little more sleek. I want to get a painted grill and replace the bumper plastic with something either colored to match or black. The gray looks like primer to me. I am thinking about some sort of light bar for the bed, Chuck Norris style. That's what I was thinking about appearance wise. Inside I want to replace the minivan upholstery with leather.

~HJ

Badger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Black plastic dip for the bumper, people here swear by it.

OP
OP
HAZZARDJOHN

HAZZARDJOHN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
I like Camo, hell I live on a farm, but I think the truck being bright blue would look silly with Camo. If it was more of a darker color like your pickup I would do that. I like the gauge in the sunglass holder, what's it for? The only gauge I feel I am lacking in my 98 is a Tranny temp gauge for when I am hauling the horse trailer.

~HJ

bigbadram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think the truck looks awesome as it sits, but you have some great ideas for it. I think the colored grill would look good and the gray changed to black on the bumper. Tint on the windows is another option too. :)

OP
OP
HAZZARDJOHN

HAZZARDJOHN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
I have been putting off tint cause it is illegal in Minnesota on the side windows. but I have been here long enough I should get off my ass and do it. I want to do exhaust too. I cut the rust colored tailpipe off three years ago so I didn't have to look at it, but some nice pipes would look nice.

~HJ

Last edited:

Ram_bo06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Your truck is in really great shape. I like it as it sits now. But if it were mine I would prol do a couple things to really set the truck off as a whole...
-3" body lift.
-35" tire on your current rim
-tow mirrors
-tonneau
-color matched pocket flares.

Nice truck you have their though!!
Look forward to seeing what you do to it!

OP
OP
HAZZARDJOHN

HAZZARDJOHN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
Not a body lift fan though, especially with this pickup where a 3" suspension is so cheap. But the rest of the ideas I like.

~HJ

jbmobbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
I like Camo, hell I live on a farm, but I think the truck being bright blue would look silly with Camo. If it was more of a darker color like your pickup I would do that. I like the gauge in the sunglass holder, what's it for? The only gauge I feel I am lacking in my 98 is a Tranny temp gauge for when I am hauling the horse trailer.

~HJ

mine is a temp gauage....stock quit workin lol and if i was you id paint the truck metallic green and camo interior lol but thats just me....my dodge is primer im fixn to paint i white tho and i might do my interior in black and the camo inserts will be white lol i got a few ideas goin on right now......if you have some ideas but not sure of......theres a guy on here his name is wermbang and he could possibly photoshop what you want lol he photoshopped in camo and black heres the pic....hes really good
jbcamopaint.jpg

reefguy89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
tow mirrors and a lift are a must. maybe some off road bumpers or a badass light bar.

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Well I say colormatch grill bumpers and add some tow mirrors. Maybe a lift and a bull bar. Just my two cents. Oh and take off the door spears and the black plastic off the back and debadge. Nekid is awesome! Lol

Sent from my liberty x!

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
color match bumpers and grill, loose the door spears. lift it a bit, and tow mirrors.