connect vacuum line to make ac work again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SteveHertz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I need to know how to hook up vacuum line to make my ac work again. I changed the spark plugs & my vacuum line disintegrated. Desperate, live in the desert. There is no information online. Does my ac rely on my evaporator surge solenoid line? It does not appear that it should according to the diagram on the radiator support. Any help would be appreciated.

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
Engine
Magnum 360
Your AC system is completely separate from the EVAP control system.

The hose you're talking about is run eventually to the evap canister, it does not affect the operation of the AC at all.

However, you are going to want to fix it as it will throw a check engine light.

OP
OP
S

SteveHertz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Your AC system is completely separate from the EVAP control system.

The hose you're talking about is run eventually to the evap canister, it does not affect the operation of the AC at all.

However, you are going to want to fix it as it will throw a check engine light.

Thanks. That was a big help. It seems to me that there had been something running to the back of the engine somewhere. Someone had run all the plug wires on top of those plastic vacuum lines & I never got to see where they go & now I have no AC.

I have no choice but to run without vapor canister right now. Nobody, including the dealer, has any parts. I did, however, plug the new purge solenoid back in & am getting no codes.