Cruise Control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JamesA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
I have a 98 ram 1500 st, when i turn the ignition on a cruise control light comes on, but i dont have any controls, does this mean that my truck has cruise, but maybe somebody before me changed out the steering wheel/colum, or is there supposed to be a cruise light but no cruise control?

Purple 92 SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 magnum
you probably have vacumn hose / reservoir issues. check the vacumn hoses on the passenger side ofthe manifold, the reservior under the battery, and all check valves

wingnut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 gas
Could be an issue with the cruise, or possibly the "clock-spring" in the column. Horn work?

OP
OP
J

JamesA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
the thing is, i dont have any controls at all meaning there are no buttons in my cab, either on the signal or the steering wheel, but the cruise control light comes on at ignition, does this mean that my ram is wired for cruise but it wasnt installed or do all the different models have the light in the dash, whether it has cruise or not...thanks for the replies

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
do you have a cruise control servo under the hood? if not then no you do not have cruise control. the light was just most likely there already. if newer trucks are similar to the older trucks the truck is most likely wired for cruise control but you would need to get all the parts.

wingnut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 gas
I think all were wired for cruise, except maybe a total stripper made for the County Road Commission. Do the horns work? The clocksping is a very common problem. Do your homework first before replacing it, but the symptoms match.