Customizing question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97RamSB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I want to put a push button start in my truck ('97 1500 5.9L) but also want to do a remote start/keyless entry system. What would be the best way about doing this?

also does anyone know where I could get another complete dash for a second gen ('97 1500 5.9L)

TexasCornBread

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
I don't think it's possible for the push button start

TexasCornBread - If you can't Dodge it RAM it !

heavymetal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2, Cam, Headers
not trying to step on your toes texas but why wouldnt it be possible?

i've done push button on a few offroad or racing vehicles, typically you can just find the trigger wire and splice into that for your switch. you'd have to have the key in the on position for it to work unless you bypass that aswell (depending on the vehicle).

i have never done this on a dodge, so texas may be right, it may be impossible. but i'd start with looking at a wiring diagram.

I dont think a remote start should be effected by your push button, but some systems may detect theft and shut the truck off, you'd just have to restart it.

hope this helps, goodluck

TexasCornBread

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
Heavy I actually wanted to do this when they started coming out with push buttons in these newer cars and I was on another forum at the Time and was flat out told it wouldn't work . But that may just be for my truck as I do have the factory alarm in my truck and it is quite finicky about things . I say no because of what I was told .

It may be different . As you say .

I have also done push buttons on off-road toys and never had a " problem " per say but you definitely have to know how to wire properly.

TexasCornBread - If you can't Dodge it RAM it !

OP
OP
97RamSB

97RamSB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well it has no alarm at all, not even factory. I can see how that would be a problem. I'll look it up an see what I find. Thanks guys